View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MarkoNinic1994
MarkoNinic1994
Webmaster
Webmaster

Credits : 57

How to root Samsung Galaxy SII easy way Empty
PostSubject: How to root Samsung Galaxy SII easy way   How to root Samsung Galaxy SII easy way EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 2:40 am

Ok guys in this tutorial i will show you how to root Samsung Galaxy SII easy way,but you will need to know:

• First is that you will need to update your device to 4.0.4 known as ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich)
  • Second that this tutorial is only for GT-I9100
  • Third that this guide is only for educational purposes and there is not guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
  • And like the last please read this tutorial slow and try to understand it.

Ok now what will you need first for updating your phone to 4.0.4 is:

• Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100 device
  • The Windows PC

• Your USB drivers installed on your pc i would recommend Kies for installing them on your PC
  • Enable USB Debuggin on your phone: Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging box should be set on check
  • Disable antivirus,firewall and other security software,but before that you need to be sure that your phone does not have any viruses so please scan your phone and when you shut down your antivirus i would recommend to shut down your internet as well
  • 7-zip,WinRar,or any other program that can extracty zipped files

• Download [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
See if your phone is charged up to 75% or more to avoid interruptions during the process
<li>Backup phone data,sms,pictures,important files etc...

Let's start now:
</li><li>Extract downloaded files to your computer on place where you will remember it,you should get this files after extraction:

</li>I9100XWLPT_I9100XXLQ6_I9100XEULPA_HOME.tar.md5
<li>Odin3_v3.04.zip

</li>Extract the contents of the Odin_ v3.04.zip file to a folder on your computer.
Disconnect your phone if it is connected on your PC
<li>Turn off your phone and put it in download mode:

Volume Down-Home Button-Power Button and when you get ''Warning!'' on press Volume Down and there is download mode Smile

</li>Double Click on the Odin3 v3.04.exe file that you have obtained from the extracted ZIP
Connect your phone to the computer,you should see an ''Added!'' message in Odin.
<li>In Odin,click PDA button and locate the *.tar.md5 and select it.

DO NOT CHANGE ANY SETTINGS IN ODIN,LEAVE EVERYTHING AS IS EXPECT FOR SELECTING THE FILE IN THIS STEP.
MAKE SURE TO CHECK BOX BESIDE ''Re-partition'' UNDER Options is NOT CHECKED

</li>Click on the Start button in Odin to start flashing the firmware to your phone.
<li>Once the flashing is done,your phone will automatically reboot.You will see ''PASS'' message in Odin and you can safely disconnect your phone from the computer once you Samsung Logo on your phone's screen.
</li><li>If your phone get stuck on booting screen after getting ''PASS'' message in Odin,do the following steps:

</li><li>Turn your phone off and remove your phone’s battery. Re-insert the
battery, wait for 5 seconds, and boot your phone into Recovery Mode.
</li>Select Wipe data/ factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
<li>Select Reboot system now after wiping data. This will help boot your phone properly to the newly installed firmware.

Great job! You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 to the latest Android 4.0.4 XWLPT firmware.

Ok let's root now your phone that is running now 4.0.4 ICS software Smile

Now again this tutorial is only for I9100 device's,so please do not try this on any other device,this will wipe all of your data so like it is on start of the guide please backup all files.

Now complete step by step:

</li>

Last edited by MarkoNinic1994 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited)
Back to top Go down
https://anroidnewbies.board-directory.net

How to root Samsung Galaxy SII easy way

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1